caitpeterson

Love Letters

A stay-at-home Mom with one rambunctious toddler. I read far too much and do too little of anything else.

Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)

Circus of the Damned - Laurell K. Hamilton Now THIS is a series that I can get behind. Finally. After finishing Circus of the Damned, I can understand why people love this series so much. The story has finally gotten interesting, and Anita's becoming less of a prick. The suspense and tension is all there, and I found myself actually wishing I had the next book on hand to find out what happens next. Here's the short 'n sweet version of what happens:

-Anita discovers, to her horror of course, that she might be a little in love with Jean Luc
-Several new, really great characters are introduced. Among which is Richard, the gorgeous werewolf in line for Alpha of the pack.
-There is an epic battle between a few Master vampires for control of the city
-Anita kicks butt
-We meet a new paranormal creature, a lamia (do I have that right?), who grosses me out a little bit. One of her offspring bites Anita, but we haven't found out yet what the consequences of that are.
-Anita becomes a full human servent, but not to Jean Luc. Agh! You'll have to read to find out. ;-)

Definitely liked this book much better than the first two. Maybe I'm just getting used to Anita, but it seems like her walls are cracking a little bit. There might actually be a nice person hidden underneathe all that prejudice. Can you believe it?! Me neither, that's why I'm a little excited to continue on. Plus, Jean Luc is starting to grow on me. So is Richard, even though we haven't seen much of him yet. I'm sure that will be remedied in later books...