caitpeterson

Love Letters

A stay-at-home Mom with one rambunctious toddler. I read far too much and do too little of anything else.

A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, Book 1)

A Hunger Like No Other - Kresley Cole What to say about this book? This was my first book by Ms. Cole and it was... meh. Not bad, but not great either. I, of course, loved the Alpha male Lachlain. Boy oh boy, was he Alpha! Although, I admit I was a bit freaked out in the destorying the hotel room scene. Yikes!

Emmaline was an all right heroine. She wasn't super kick-arse, but not a total softy either. I appreciated her growth in the novel. Just because you've always been one way doesn't mean you can't change. I think the thing that semi-killed the deal for me was that the ancticipation went on a little bit too long. I'm fine with resisting, but there's a point when she just needs to give in already. Emmaline went past that and beyond, and still couldn't get over her issues. Slightly pertrubed that it took her 90% of the book to finally get a grip before she rushed off to save the world all by herself. They didn't have hardly any time to be together. Bummer.

Just to forewarn you, this book was a bit gruesome. There's some tearing of one's own limbs off, and hacking bodies parts into pieces. *gulps* Uhh.... Please excuse me while I go hurl.

So, all in all... all right. I'll definitely continue on with the series, because so many people love it. Maybe this is one of those series that just gets better and better with age. That true?