caitpeterson

Love Letters

A stay-at-home Mom with one rambunctious toddler. I read far too much and do too little of anything else.
SPOILER ALERT!

We'll Always Have Summer

We'll Always Have Summer - Jenny Han I downloaded this on my Kindle tonight and read it in just a few hours. I only finished the first two books in the series a few weeks ago, so I didn't have to wait very long for this book. I've been slightly annoyed with Belly throughout the whole series. I felt like she was really immature and I honestly couldn't see what either Jeremiah or Conrad loved about her, besides their shared history. She didn't really improve in this third and last installment, unfortunately. But I could have dealt with that, as I've dealt with it in the previous two books and and even overall enjoying the series.

My disappointment with this book lies in the fact that there is hardly any Conrad and Belly time. I mean, we all knew they were going to end up together, it was a given. But the whole novel featured Jeremiah and Belly and the wedding plans. And the angst. And young people making wrong, impulsive decisions. I felt like there hasn't been enough Belly and Conrad time throughout the whole series, and what I needed, what I craved... I was denied. I'm totally bummed that we only got a smidgeon of them actually happy together at the very end. It wasn't enough for me that they ended up together. I wanted more, and sad that I didn't get it.