caitpeterson

Love Letters

A stay-at-home Mom with one rambunctious toddler. I read far too much and do too little of anything else.

The Iron King (Harlequin Teen)

The Iron King - Julie Kagawa I don't know why I put this off so long! What a wonderful book! It's so creative and imaginative, and everytime a new characters/species/bug/fey is introduced, I'm blown away by the details and descriptions that are provided. The world that Julie Kagawa has created is unique and amazing and it's worth reading the book just for that.

I do have to admit though, Meghan kind of annoyed me. She was extremely weepy. It seemed like every time I turned around, she was crying. She was very Bella-esque and while I managed to get through it, there was some definite eye rolling relating to her character.

Also, I'm not sure what is up with the love triangle. Or is it a love triangle? Why does there have to be one anyway? Why can't Meghan and Puck just be best friends? That way we can focus our attentions on the relationship blooming (or not blooming, if that's the case) between her and Ash. I'm just not at all sure what to do with the love interests. I also don't have a firm stance either way, which is new for me. I don't feel like I know them well enough to decide.