caitpeterson

Love Letters

A stay-at-home Mom with one rambunctious toddler. I read far too much and do too little of anything else.

The Iron Daughter (Harlequin Teen)

The Iron Daughter - Julie Kagawa All of the aspects of the first book that I fell in love with carried over into this one, and I fell in love with them even more. This world that Meghan, Ash and Puck belong to is so incredible! I am in awe of the author's imagination and ability to create this world and get it on paper.

:: Rant On ::

Meghan. Oh, good heavens. She is a total wimp! Grow some spine girl! There was even more crying in this book than there was in the first one. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against crying, but it is a tad excessive in this character. What also drives me nuts is that she insists on being in the thick of things when she has absolutely no skills to back it up! Her powers were sealed for most of the book, and while she showed a bit of gumption at the end, all the bits before that were of her being wimpy. Oh, and don't get me started on the whole Meghan and Ash relationship. It's so messed up. He clearly is still in love with the other chick, so why does she keep throwing herself at him? Have some dignity girl! Grrr!!

:: Rant Off ::

Okay, I feel better now. I absolutely, positively adore Puck and Ash. I truly can't decide between either one of them. I have a feeling it'll be Ash that she ends up with, although what he sees in her I have no idea. Unless he has a thing for weepy girls, I guess.

I'm reading The Iron Queen next, so hopefully Meghan will redeem herself in this next book!