caitpeterson

Love Letters

A stay-at-home Mom with one rambunctious toddler. I read far too much and do too little of anything else.

Defiance (Strange Angels, Book 4)

Defiance - Lili St. Crow, Lilith Saintcrow For the most part, it seemed like Defiance was a filler novel. Half of the book it seemed like Dru was just sitting around trying to figure things out. Only two major things happened in this book, but they were kind of expected so the book overall didn't really add to the overall excitement level. It didn't even end on a cliffhanger, so I'm not salivating to get to the next book. Excited, but I can wait.

I'll tell ya' one thing though, Defiance made me even more anti-Christoph than ever! It's so creepy between the two of them! First of all, how old is he? And maybe if he hadn't been in love with her mother, the age difference wouldn't have made such a big deal. The fact that he loved her mother (and did who knows what with) is just so icky! I couldn't believe how much time the two got together. I wish she would have spent it looking for Graves instead of mooning over some old geezer. Oh, I adore Graves. Although he and Dru seriously need to work on their communication skills! I hope in the next novel they actually get the guts up to have a heart to heart. They need it. Love me some Graves, and I love me some strange angels, even though Defiance wasn't the best novel out of the series for me.